ANAS is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information held by ANAS by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (“Ordinance”) with respect to the management of personal information. In doing so, ANAS ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
2. Scope of application
3. Purpose of using personal information
ANAS utilizes Personal Data from customers for the following purposes:
(1) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, airport services, and in-flight services with regard to air transport services;
(2) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, and airport services for interline transportation, joint acceptance of carriage, code share, successive carriage and consigned carriage;
(3) Reservations and other services with regards to hotel accommodation, local tours, car rentals, theme park tickets, etc.;
(4) Guidance, provision, and management of other services and products offered by ANAS;
(5) All operations incidental or related to the above (1) – (4);
(6) Implementation of questionnaires concerning service and products, etc., offered by ANAS;
(7) Development of new services and products;
(8) Guidance, operation, management and information provision for various events and campaigns
(9) Notification of services and products offered by ANAS;
(10) Guidance, operations, management and notification of services, products, events and campaigns of ANAS group companies and partner companies; and
(11) Response to inquiries and requests.
4. Acquisition of personal information
ANAS will obtain the following Personal Data by fair and appropriate means for the purpose of achieving the previously mentioned purposes:-
(1) Personal Data provided to ANAS by the customers to apply for ANAS services, etc. The customer’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, business contact, mailing address, etc.; and
(2) Customers’ responses to market surveys and questionnaires conducted by ANAS or on our behalf.
ANAS will never obtain and use information of a sensitive nature of the customer (hereinafter, “sensitive information”), such as information on race, beliefs, social standing, history of illness, crime records, and history of having been afflicted by crime, unless required by laws and regulations or by the consent of the customer.
5. Choice by the customer
As a rule, ANAS obtains Personal Data by the volition of the customers. Customers may experience disadvantages if they refuse to provide their Personal Data, such as being unable to make use of the various services provided by ANAS, or being unable to receive campaign notices and other ANAS’ information because a part of the functions of ANAS system has become inoperable and thereby unavailable. Please note that customers may change their Personal Data as well as their decision on whether or not they wish to receive email magazines at any time they wish, in a manner designated separately by ANAS.
6. Disclosure and provision of information to a third party
ANAS will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstance. Also, customers’ Personal Data including sensitive information will not be disclosed or provided to third parties under any circumstance, unless allowed by laws and regulations or by consent of the customer. Note that provision of information to data sharing partners and business entrusted companies does not constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
(1) Customer consent has been obtained.
(2) Disclosure or provision is required within the scope allowed by the Ordinance.
(3) Disclosure is required to protect human life or health in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
(4) Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
(5) Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data (in a format that does not disclose the customer’s identify).
(6) Provision of information in accordance with procedures based on laws and regulations, under the condition that the information, which is of the following nature, can be easily checked by the customers themselves through the ANAS websites, etc., and that the customers have not declared their wish to refuse provision of the information:
1) The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party;
2) Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party;
3) The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party;
4) Provisions of information will be suspended upon the customers’ request; and
5) Methods for accepting requests from customers.
7. Data sharing
In providing services to customers, it may be necessary to disclose and transfer customers’ Personal Data to any company within the ANAS group, their respective subsidiaries and any company in which the same has an interest. Such provision of Personal Data may be necessary for the provision of administrative, payment and other services to facilitate customers’ booking and to provide services customers require.
8. Business entrustment
In providing products and services to customers, ANAS may entrust a part of its business operations to third parties to which Personal Data may also be disclosed to the extent required to achieve the purpose of the entrustment. In these cases, ANAS will implement all appropriate measures in managing and supervising such third parties to safeguard the handling of customers’ Personal Data, including establishing agreements on the handling of such Personal Data.
9. Transfer to outside of Hong Kong
If ANAS provides customers’ Personal Data to third party business operators outside of Hong Kong, including business entrusted companies and data sharing partners, ANAS will take necessary and appropriate measures in keeping with internationally recognized standards of Personal Data privacy protection.
10. Management of personal information
In receiving customers’ Personal Data, ANAS will manage such information according to the strictest standards and take the utmost care to prevent leaks, loss, or alterations. ANAS ensures that the board members and employees are properly trained regarding appropriate handling to safeguard the security of Personal Data. An appropriate retention period for Personal Data will be established in accordance with the purpose for which such information is used. After the initial purpose of the collection Personal Data has been achieved, ANAS will dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods.
Occasionally, ANAS may use customers’ Personal Data to send customers marketing communications in the form of email, telephone call and/or SMS containing news, offers, promotions and events, to be offered by us or by our travel service partners.
We will not use your Personal Data for direct marketing without your consent. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time by updating your personal profile online/ updating your email subscriptions.
11. Disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, and erasure of personal information
If ANAS receives a request from a customer, submitted in the manner specified, for the disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, or erasure (hereinafter, “disclosure”) of the customer’s Personal Data stored in a database held by ANAS, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customers themselves.
(1) Request for disclosure
Personal Data items will be disclosed in accordance with the customer’s request.
(2) Request for correction, deletion, or addition
Correction, deletion, or addition of Personal Data will be undertaken wherever possible after due review of the request. Deletion of your Personal Data or your account with us will result in the permanent deletion of your Personal Data from our system.
(3) Request for discontinuance or erasure
The use of Personal Data designated by the customer will be discontinued, and the relevant information erased if so desired, in accordance with the submitted request. However, please note that such requests may prevent customers from being provided with services that they had utilized, or may impede the provision of services in accordance to their wishes.
ANAS may not be able to fulfill the customers’ requests if compliance with such requests would seriously impact ANAS business operations, or result in a violation of laws and regulations.
12. Submission of request for disclosure or correction of personal information
The method for submitting requests for disclosure or notification of purpose of use of personal information (hereinafter, “requests for disclosure”) received by ANAS from customers, are as follows:-
Request for disclosure
(1) Method for submitting request
Please send the required documents by postal mail to the address below.
General Affairs Department, All Nippon Air Service Co., Ltd
Suite 1908, Tower 6, The Gateway, 9 Canton Road, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(2) Required documents
Customer requests for disclosure may not be acknowledged if any of the required information is missing.
Document required for confirmation of identification of individual, etc.,
(i) Copies of two from the following: HKID card, driving license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of seal registration, Individual Number Card (front page only)
(both (i) and (ii) below are required)
(i) Letter of trust (legal representatives must provide a certifying document)
(ii) Documents to identify the representative (copies of two from the following: HKID card, driver’s license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of seal registration, Individual Number Card (front page only)
A fee equivalent to HK$40 will be charged for each request of disclosure. For disclosure of multiple reservations and boarding information, each flight will be counted as one item of disclosure. Please note that handling procedures may differ depending on the laws and regulations of the relevant country.
How ANAS deal with customers’ personal information on ANAS website
By using the ANAS website customers are deemed to have understood and agreed to the following content:
Security technology which protects personal information
Protection of personal information is secured using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. This means that any information customers provided when using this site cannot be accessed by an unauthorized third person. Furthermore, as firewall and anti-virus measures have been installed to prevent disclosure, appropriation, alteration, etc., of personal information.
3. Collection of data
So that our customers can use ANAS website with greater ease, the information below is collected and stored using Cookies (When the site is accessed via mobile phone, an individual Identification Number is used to store the information instead.)
– Data from personalized pages
– Page settings
– Registration data from special campaigns, etc.
– Site access history
When ANAS sends mail to customers, the following data may be collected:
– The status of HTML emails, i.e., whether they have been opened or previewed (using Web beacons)
– Whether ANAS website has been accessed via a link in a text e-mail or HTML mail.
– A technology used to identify a user’s computer. The Help button on the tool-bar of almost all browsers explains how to refuse the registration of new Cookies, how to switch off the Cookie function, and can also be used to alert customers to a new Cookie. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features on the ANAS group webpages if cookies have been disabled completely.
Individual identification number
– Based on the mobile phone calling in.
– Minute pictures invisible to the naked eye (1×1 pixel GIF) that are embedded into webpages or HTML e-mails and used to record the following data: opening/previewing of e-mails, and access to websites using links in e-mails. ANAS uses Web beacons when distributing HTML e-mail (except reservation related e-mails).
<The English version shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy between the English and Chinese version>